Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Calculating resources, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Step seven, calculating your resource requirements…for your project.…This will be based on your Gantt chart, probably in Excel,…and you can put numbers along each task…for either the number of people that you're going to need…or the hours per week that you're going to need for each task.…And then, you can add those up vertically…to see how many people or how many hours per week…you need in each week of your project plan.…It won't be exact.…And as your project unfolds,…probably you'll have to move tasks forward or backwards,…things will change, extra tasks may come in,…but the point is you've got a plan…that you can adjust as you go along.…
And the main reason why you need…to have a resource plan at the start of your project is…that you mustn't promise the impossible.…You need to make sure that you have enough resources…to be able to do your project before you start.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.