If culture is the sum of our daily actions, then people and teams are the true drivers of culture. The people you choose to be leaders, the individuals you promote, the way you organize teams, and who you decide to hire all send strong messages about your culture. Make sure cultural fit is one of your evaluation criteria for selecting leaders and employees and make it a part of your design considerations for organizing teams.
- If culture is the sum of our daily actions,…then people and teams are the true drivers of culture.…The people you choose to be leaders,…the individuals you promote, the way you organize teams,…and who you decide to hire all send…strong messages about your culture.…Ensure cultural fit is an evaluation criteria…for selecting leaders or employees.…Make cultural fit part of your design considerations…for organizing a team.…
At one consulting firm who's culture is…very strong, they focus on being a meritocracy.…People were valued about all else.…Selection to lead teams and become a partner…at the firm were based in large part upon…people leadership and cultural fit for their behaviors.…One candidate to become a partner used…to beat their teams up.…He would overwork them, not show appreciation…for their work and in some cases be disrespectful…to team members.…
During the partner evaluation process,…360 evaluations were conducted.…This person received very strong negative feedback…about their behaviors.…They weren't promoted that cycle.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Components of high-performing cultures
- Assessing your current culture
- Defining high performance
- Creating a compelling vision and mission
- Tying strategy to culture
- Communicating the culture
- Building your teams and processes
- Highlighting culture moments
- Providing regular feedback