Building processes to incorporate culture. These processes include recruiting, hiring, onboarding, performance reviews, and awards. Include culture as a recruiting evaluation criteria, as a module of your onboarding process, as an evaluation criteria in your performance reviews, and as a category or consideration for awards.
- Building processes to incorporate culture…is a powerful way to systematize…how the organization should behave.…These processes include recruiting, hiring,…onboarding, performance reviews and giving awards.…Include culture as a recruiting evaluation criteria.…Make culture a module of your onboarding process.…Have culture be an evaluation criteria,…in your performance reviews.…Finally, have culture be a category,…or at least a consideration, for receiving and award.…
In terms of recruiting and hiring,…one organization I worked with recruited leaders…specifically from places that had…a similar or even a desirable, culture.…It was part of their recruiting strategy.…They would go out and identify competitive organizations,…understand their culture and target people…within those organizations, to recruit them into their own.…The thought was, "If we get people who behave…"in a manner that we already know…"is culturally consistent with what we're trying to build,…"they're going to be better hires."…As far as onboarding, this same organization…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the components of high-performing cultures.
- Assess and evaluate your current culture.
- Define high performance.
- Create a compelling vision and mission.
- Compare and contrast communication vehicles.
- Explain what culture is and list ways to reinforce it.
- Identify tools for measuring and balancing results.