Learn how to assemble a team of all-stars that will be the envy of other leaders.
- Top employees want to be with other top people.…That's why it's important to build a team of all-stars.…Let me give you six strategies for building a team…that will be the envy of other leaders.…First, be careful who you let in the door.…When hiring, always ask yourself,…"Is this person good enough?"…If you have to think twice, then the answer is no.…Keep looking, the right person will come along.…
Second, know what you are looking for…prior to beginning your search.…You need to be really clear about what you're looking for…in terms of skills and traits…before beginning your hunt for talent.…Otherwise, you'll probably pass on some great people…and may never find what you need.…Third, be visible.…Let me tell you the story of Ray Pawlicki,…former CIO of Biogen who took visibility to the next level.…
As CIO, Ray spent 20% of his time…attending networking events,…speaking at association meetings,…going on campus to meet with college students,…and doing informational interviews with anyone who asked.…It wasn't long before he garnered the reputation…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determining your boss's management style
- Pushing back and saying no when necessary
- Practicing self-promotion
- Making great impressions
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Building productive team relationships
- Establishing credibility
- Evaluating your team
- Building a team of all-stars
- Getting team members engages
- Managing your peers
- Being influential and staying sharp