- Define the term resilience.
- Identify strategies for facing rejection in your day to day life.
- Recognize the skills you can practice to increase your resilience.
- Explore reflection strategies you can use during a situation in order to build resilience.
- Examine five post-event resilience building strategies using real-world examples.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Do you ever wonder what it takes to bounce back from an adverse situation? What it takes to rise to the occasion when the going gets tough? My name is Tatiana Kolovou and this course on resilience will help you identify the what, why, and how of resilience skills and help you be more effective in your every day life. The word resilience is not the one that's used casually in every day conversations, but often you may hear people say, she can't handle the pressure, or, he fold when the going gets tough, or, she withdraws when we need her most.
If you've heard any of these descriptions about colleagues or friends, they describe someone that can benefit from raising their resilience capacity. This course will describe what resilience is and what it's not. Most importantly, this course will help you assess your own level of resilience and provide learning strategies for strengthening your own resilience. Let's get started.