Learn how to create your career strategy step-by-step, focusing on your vision, mission, goals, and targets.
- Your career strategy is bigger…than your career development plan…and it's more crucial to your success than goal setting.…It's your vision, your career mission,…your working blueprint.…Creating your career strategy will set you off…on a clear strong path as you start out in your career.…Creating your strategy is…a different process to goal setting or creating a plan,…but it's very easy to confuse these activities.…
Your goals are part of your strategy,…but they're not all of your strategy…which is a longer term plan.…I recommend you wait…until after your first 90 days in a role…to develop your career strategy, as you may not know…the specific challenges you're facing…until you've had some experience in your role.…Once you've reached the three-month mark,…it's time to get focused on your career strategy.…You can use the Strategy Planner document…in the Exercise Files as an easy template…or you can use the format as a guide.…
The first thing to consider is your vision.…I recommend thinking about a significant period of time…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Transitioning from the campus to the office
- Differences in the working world
- Developing a transition success mindset
- Adapting to a new environment
- Avoiding cultural mistakes
- The first 90 days
- Building a strategy