Learn how to successfully bridge the gap between the worlds of academia and business by implementing a simple continuous development cycle.
- Imagine you've just become the captain…of a new club or team and you have the opportunity to ask…someone who's already been in that position for advice…on how to get up and running as quickly as possible.…Would you take it?…Or would you be more inclined…to stumble through the transition process?…Most of us would take the benefit of that experience.…Being prepared for what to expect…when you encounter any change puts you in the driving seat,…helping you to make an impact.…
When you start out on your professional career,…the first step in making a successful transition…is being aware of the differences you're likely to face.…Some of these key differences are relevant across the board…and some will be unique to you.…Common challenges we see new graduates face…include moving from a structured to ambiguous environment,…getting used to being in a junior position,…and getting comfortable with being on a career journey…with no fixed progression timescales.…
You may also have elements of your transition…into your new role that are unique to you.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Transitioning from the campus to the office
- Differences in the working world
- Developing a transition success mindset
- Adapting to a new environment
- Avoiding cultural mistakes
- The first 90 days
- Building a strategy