Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Being fair, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Now, fairness is an important quality…for being a good boss or a good leader.…And it sounds like fairly common sense, doesn't it?…It sounds fairly obvious.…But actually, it's quite difficult to be fair.…There're always going to be people…who you like more than others,…and it's important to try not to have favorites.…But also, there're going to be people…who are better at a job than others.…So if Fred is very good at doing a particular job,…it's tempting to always give it to Fred.…But if it's a nice job,…you shouldn't always give it to Fred.…
And it is a horrible job…but Fred is kind of happy to do it,…and suppose that Dave just doesn't want to be given it,…to be fair, you've got to force Dave to do it in a way.…You got to allocate the work fairly between people,…and that can be really quite difficult.…So no favorites.…Share the work equally.…Apply the rules exactly fairly to everyone.…But also try to manage people in the best way for them.…And that might mean, for example,…that you need to take a bit more time…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.