Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Being decisive, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Another important quality of leaders,…which is really a behavior, is to be decisive.…Don't avoid taking decisions.…And of course, taking decisions…is probably going to lead to two fears you might have.…And one of them is making mistakes.…Because the only way to avoid making any mistakes…is just to not make any decisions at all.…Mistakes are going to be inevitable,…but that's okay.…As long as you admit that you have made the mistake,…it's bound to happen.…So I think it's okay.…I think a strong leader will admit…that they've made mistakes every now and then.…
The other reason why you might avoid making decisions…is because you want to be liked…and they might be unpopular decisions…and you can't please everybody all of the time.…But it's really important to be decisive.…You've got to forget about being liked.…The most you can hope for is to be thought of as fair.…So make those decisions.…I'll give you an example,…the decision to get rid of a person.…If you've got somebody who constantly fails to perform…and you've been through all the coaching you can do,…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.