In this video you can gain clarity about the common pitfalls managers and leaders can face when delivering bad news. Learn how to prepare for these challenges in advance to deliver your message effectively and professionally.
- Have you ever been told to deliver…the negative feedback sandwich?…In this method, you provide a piece of positive feedback…followed by negative feedback all wrapped up…in another piece of positive feedback.…The idea is you've sandwiched the negative feedback…in a positive package, softening the blow,…and starting and finishing the conversation on a good note.…All great advice except it doesn't always work,…and it's not genuine.…
The person you're talking to can see through this approach.…It's also not always appropriate to give positive feedback…when you're delivering bad news.…Understanding common pitfalls that can derail you…as you deliver bad news can help you prepare…for these challenges in advance.…So let's explore some examples.…The negative sandwich is one of the first major pitfalls.…Imagine you're telling someone they're losing their job.…
Is it appropriate to start on a positive note?…Or, if it were you, would you rather the person…telling you the news just gets to the point?…Challenging situations can in time…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing your communication channel
- Creating your communication message
- Arranging and holding a meeting
- Communicating your message effectively
- The psychology of receiving bad news
- Next steps after delivering bad news
- Reflecting to enhance communication skills