Evaluate what your current culture stands for, how your people behave, and the incentives you have in place to drive behavior. Defining and explaining culture can be difficult. After all, it's an intangible set of behaviors and a general feeling of what it's like to be part of the organization. Being able to identify when people are, or aren't, behaving in a manner consistent with your culture is an important element of assessing what kind of culture you have.
- An assessment of your current culture gives you…an understanding of the starting point for your journey…toward building a high performance culture.…This assessment includes evaluating what your current…culture stands for, how people behave, and the incentives…you have in place to drive behavior.…Defining and explaining your culture can be difficult,…it's an intangible set of behaviors, it's a general…feeling of what it's like to be part of the organization.…Identifying when people are or are not behaving in a manner…consistent with your culture is an important element…of assessing the culture you have.…
Let's look at what goes into one of these cultural…assessments.…You need to ask yourself several questions.…First, what descriptors best explain your culture?…Get answers from senior leaders, managers, and the front…line, are the answers they give consistent?…If they're not you might have a cultural problem.…Is the organization's direction clear?…Do people know how that direction is tied to the culture…you're trying to build?…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Components of high-performing cultures
- Assessing your current culture
- Defining high performance
- Creating a compelling vision and mission
- Tying strategy to culture
- Communicating the culture
- Building your teams and processes
- Highlighting culture moments
- Providing regular feedback