- Assessing the market
- Reacting to customer behavior changes
- Dealing with competitive actions
- Adjusting to technology changes
- Managing your prioritization process
- Making tough choices
- Ensuring that you're working with the right talent
- Aligning compensation and incentives
- Linking strategy to execution
Skill Level Intermediate
- Do you want to know the secret to executing a great strategy? It's making sure that you have a great strategy in the first place. I'm Mike Figliuolo, managing direction at thoughtLEADERS and I've been responsible for writing strategic plans, executing them, and assessing them for others in a wide range of industries. In this course, I'll cover the major reasons that strategies fail and what you can do to help your strategy succeed. We'll look at the risks of having insufficient capabilities, the impacts of pursuing the wrong strategy, the ways market changes can affect your strategy, and how to prevent poor execution.
The more effectively you assess your strategy before trying to execute it, the better your chances are of achieving your goals. So pull out the most current version of your strategic plan and let's assess how you can make it better.