Strategic alignment is critical for any change initiative at all levels. Learn how you can influence and grow your alignment process.
- [Instructor] Have you ever noticed how your body…can feel out of kilter?…If you look at a doctor's image of your bone structure…and your major muscles, everything is ideally straight…and well aligned.…And your muscles are strong enough…to keep everything that way.…But if you're out of alignment you can feel…like nothing's right.…You can't do anything that requires strength…and even moving in a straight line can be challenging.…Now organizations need alignment too.…If the major functions of an organization…aren't in sync then nothing in the organization…can feel right either.…
And organizations can have a much harder time doing…the things that require heavy lifting or moving nimbly.…There are three critical questions…that you need to ask of any worker…to understand how aligned people are or not…within your organization.…So you're walking down the hallway…and you see another person from the organization…walking towards you, let's say it Mauricio from accounting.…You stop Mauricio and you say,…what are the strategic goals of our organization?…
- Recall the benefits of using personal power to lead in a flat organization.
- Name the main tactic of the opponents of change.
- Determine when a top-down approach to leading change is appropriate.
- List the two elements present in a team that is proficient at change.
- Identify the most important capability when considering a candidate for a position on an innovative team.
- Define “responsible change.”
- Recognize the appropriate time to encourage 10x thinking.