This video shows you why it’s so important to align intention and impact when communicating with others, and the easy steps you can take to achieve this.
- How you want to come across to others…may not be how you actually come across.…Have you ever had that moment where you realize…how you intended to come across…to someone else was completely misinterpreted?…It can give you that feeling of embarrassment,…or guilt, or even shame.…I know I've been in that situation.…And more often than not, it's because…I was so caught up in saying the right thing…I forgot to relax and focus on building…a positive connection with the other person.…
All too often we focus on what we say…and the exact message we want others to understand.…But the impact we make is more about…how someone else perceives us and our message…and less about the facts we want other people to grasp.…Effective communication skills…and strong relationships are built on creating impact,…not planning how to communicate an exact message.…
Being adaptable and flexible in how…you communicate with others is key.…This is why it's essential you don't focus…on the exact message, but more on the intention.…What you want the other person…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Watching for triggers and hijacks
- Finding flow
- Disrupting thinking
- Reclaiming reaction time
- Shifting perspective
- Listening and communicating
- Playing to strengths
- Collecting feedback
- Aligning intention and impact