Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting your body language, part of Communication.
- Did you know that body language can…increase your impact before your meeting?…Before you even see the people or they see you.…Research shows that taking on a high power…posture like standing up straight,…hands on your hips that can increase…hormone levels associated with power,…and decrease the levels associated with stress.…It also results in people feeling more powerful…than they did just two minutes before.…Adjust your posture before you start,…and you'll do yourself a favor.…Stand stronger, start stronger.…
Now it's not only posture there's other research…that shows how you carry yourself more generally.…Your physical presence, gestures, movement,…eye contact these things sometimes have much…more influence than your words on people's impressions…about you and your message, here are a few tips.…Posture, when you're communicating take on a…confident stance don't slouch or stand too rigidly.…Stand like someone comfortably in control of themselves,…and in charge of the situation.…Have a home base position, a comfortable,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Managing the intent-impact gap
- Designing the content of your message
- Improving vocal delivery
- Adjusting your body language
- Being politically savvy
- Listening to what's said, what's unsaid, and how it's said
- Increasing empathy and trust
- Overcoming anxiety<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.