New technologies can disrupt entire industries. Whether they're new competitor products, new vendor capabilities, or new technologies that can improve your product, they can mean significant changes for your strategy. Stay involved in industry groups and monitor new technologies. Make technology assessment part of your competitive intelligence tracking activities.
- New technologies can disrupt entire industries…whether they're new competitor products,…new vendor capabilities,…or new technologies that can improve your product,…they can mean significant changes for your strategic plan.…Stay involved in industry groups.…Monitor new technologies.…Make technology assessment…part of your competitive intelligence tracking.…Technology has had a huge impact on my business.…I run a leadership training firm.…Traditionally, we would go to our client location,…teach our course and go home.…
In the last 10 years,…I've seen massive technology shifts…in the learning and development space.…Most of our clients had moved on to a formal…learning management system to track the curriculum…and how many people are participating in their courses.…There are new webinar platforms available.…Those enable us to deliver our content remotely.…There's new video-based training…like the one you're watching.…We've taken full advantage…of getting our content out that way.…Video calling is now available.…We can coach people around the world.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify common failure points in a strategic plan.
- Explain how to align compensation with strategy.
- List indicators of underfunding your strategy.
- Describe behavior that can harm strategy execution.
- Define strategic filters.
- Explain how to react to major shifts in your customer's market.
- Identify key metrics for assessing strategy.