Performance management can be a collaborative design exercise. Learn about the key design steps involved in developing a performance management agreement for individuals.
- If you're a manager, you may find…that not all of your team will be able…to be initially proactive enough to generate…their own performance goals and metrics on their own.…Some people need a little more structure…in their approach to adaptive performance management.…If you're a manager and you find a team member needs…a defined performance management process,…I want to introduce you to a new way of thinking…about performance management at an individual level.…It's called Adaptive Performance Design.…
Now design thinking treats problem solving…as a creative journey by following a set of creative steps.…It's possible to come up with completely different results…than if you had approached planning…in a very linear fashion.…By treating performance management as…a collaborative design process, you'll approach…the process in a completely different way.…Now I'm not going to teach you design thinking.…Instead I'm going to walk you briefly…through the design steps for a performance…management agreement.…
Now in the first step, empathy.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The history of performance management
- Self-driven performance management
- Setting adaptive performance goals
- Writing an adaptive performance agreement
- Team performance design
- Designing for high performance