Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Achieving a vision, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Probably the number one thing that makes a leader…different to a manager is vision.…The great leaders of history have provided…a vision that has excited their country.…And at work, a leader should…have a vision of where we're going.…It's really important that their team…understand the vision, they know what it is,…and they buy into achieving it.…And they can see how they can help achieve it.…So, you have to communicate a vision.…Even if it's not your own vision.…it's perhaps been given to you…by the big ultra leader of your organization,…you should still have a vision for your part of the company,…for your department, and you should communicate…that with enthusiasm to your people.…
So, communicating a vision is really, really important.…You need to think about what that is.…The plans for how you're going to achieve…that vision can change all the time,…but the vision should very rarely change.…So, it's important to think about that and stick to it.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.