Meaning drives engagement—and employers are going to increasingly look for engaged workers as they expand their workforce. Learn how it is essential for you to find work driven by meaning.
- I want you to take a minute and think about the subjects…that have fascinated you the most in your life.…At first, you might have found…a mild interest in a topic.…After learning some of the basics,…that topic might become something that you studied.…Then, it might become a hobby.…Eventually, if you kept at it,…perhaps it actually became your occupation,…or a profession for you.…And if you found that you were truly committed,…and engaged in that arena,…you may even have found that work to become your mission.…
And finally, you may have found that…it's what you believe to actually be your purpose in life.…That process, going from mild interest…to gaining a deep insight…into why you think you're here on the planet,…is rule number seven of The New Rules of Work.…You need to look for meaning, and purpose.…Why is that journey so important…in a world of constant change?…My answer is, life's too short.…You deserve to develop your own perspective…as to why you're here.…
But if you want a logical answer, then look at it this way.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why there are new rules of work, learning, and life
- Thinking like an entrepreneur
- Building your network
- Doing work driven by meaning
- Understanding the new rules of learning
- Becoming a lifelong learner
- Planning for leisure like you plan for work and learning
- Making time to give back
- What to do when the rules change again