Most workers who want static, unchanging, well-paid work won't be successful. Learn how agency, entrepreneurism, and intrapreneurism are the new skills for success.
- Now, being passive may have been okay…in the time of the old rules of work.…If you weren't especially engaged in your work,…and you didn't care all that much…about the problems you were solving,…maybe it was acceptable…that you didn't have to be very proactive.…But those days are increasingly behind us.…Instead, whether we work at a large company…or we're a startup of one, or something in between,…we need to think like entrepreneurs,…which is the third new rule of work.…
So what do entrepreneurs do?…They identify problems proactively.…They don't wait for problems to come to them.…I call this, dynamically binding around problems.…Bringing your unique skills to bear…on identifying and solving challenges and roadblocks,…then pulling others into the process of generating results.…Entrepreneurs make decisions based…on the information that they have at hand.…They don't wait until they have…the perfect information they'd like to have.…
Entrepreneurs also gather as much information as they can…in a brief period of time, then they act.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why there are new rules of work, learning, and life
- Thinking like an entrepreneur
- Building your network
- Doing work driven by meaning
- Understanding the new rules of learning
- Becoming a lifelong learner
- Planning for leisure like you plan for work and learning
- Making time to give back
- What to do when the rules change again