If you've already started adapting your life to incorporate the new rules of work why not pay it forward? Learn how to you navigate this constantly changing world by helping other people.
- One of the most important of all the new rules,…has to do with why.…Why are you working?…Why are you learning?…Why do you engage in leisure time?…The first answer I hear is invariably,…to meet your own needs.…You'll have tremendous satisfaction if you're doing…the kinds of activities that you most enjoy.…Of course you need to eat, you need a roof over your head,…and you need to be healthy,…all of which are more possible…if you're doing fulfilling work.…
The second reason why is for your friends and family.…They also need to eat, they need a roof over their heads,…and they need to be healthy.…And you can support their lives through your work.…The third reason is to help others.…People who aren't part of your family and friends,…but people who need help.…People who you may not even know,…and that's the focus of the third new rule of life,…give back.…One of my favorite quotes of all time…is on the wall in my office.…
Martin Luther King once said, "An individual has not started…"living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why there are new rules of work, learning, and life
- Thinking like an entrepreneur
- Building your network
- Doing work driven by meaning
- Understanding the new rules of learning
- Becoming a lifelong learner
- Planning for leisure like you plan for work and learning
- Making time to give back
- What to do when the rules change again