As technology allows us to work from anywhere, work will eat your life if you let it. Learn some strategies for making sure that you proactively ensure that you can manage life as a priority.
- I'm gonna go a little towards…the deep end of the pool, here,…and make some suggestions for new rules…beyond work and learning.…As technology allows us to work and learn from anywhere,…work can come to consume your life if you let it.…The same goes for learning, especially formal learning,…like in-person courses.…And if you're working and you're in school,…well, good luck trying to have any leisure time.…Now, I don't use the common catchphrase "Work/life balance,"…because that means something different to everyone.…
But there's no question that work is increasingly…a major source of stress in many people's lives,…and that creates a raft of challenges…that only become more difficult…as the pace of change accelerates around us.…We can't let work overtake our entire lives.…We need to make sure that we dial back the amount of time…that we put into our work,…and intentionally plan for time to learn…and to enjoy ourselves.…So that's rule number one of The New Rules of Life.…
Plan for your leisure time,…just like you plan for your work and your learning.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why there are new rules of work, learning, and life
- Thinking like an entrepreneur
- Building your network
- Doing work driven by meaning
- Understanding the new rules of learning
- Becoming a lifelong learner
- Planning for leisure like you plan for work and learning
- Making time to give back
- What to do when the rules change again