Most workers who want static, unchanging, well-paid work won't be successful today. Learn how agency, entrepreneurism, and intrapreneurism are the new skills for success.
- It used to be okay to settle for work…that didn't excite you.…But if you're going to increasingly compete…with others for work,…then you're going to need to do work that motivates you.…So, rule number one of the New Rules of Work is:…Do the work that you love.…I've mentioned in another video…that more than two-thirds of American workers…are disengaged at work.…The problem is often that many workers…don't think of themselves as being empowered…to do the work that they love the most.…
One of the most fundamental understandings of our selves…is that we each have a completely unique…mix of skills, knowledges, traits,…experiences, and interests.…Nobody else on the planet has exactly…the same characteristics as you.…And that unique mix means that there's a range…of different kinds of work that you could be doing.…With more than 40 years of experience…at helping job hunters and career changers,…Dick Bolles, author of "What Color is Your Parachute,"…the enduring career manual, has found…that the key to being motivated at work…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why there are new rules of work, learning, and life
- Thinking like an entrepreneur
- Building your network
- Doing work driven by meaning
- Understanding the new rules of learning
- Becoming a lifelong learner
- Planning for leisure like you plan for work and learning
- Making time to give back
- What to do when the rules change again