Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Mobile Device and Trusted Computer security settings, part of Learning LastPass Password Management.
- There are two more tabs…within the account setting screen…that have very useful security settings.…Mobile devices and trusted computers.…Let's talk about how these tabs are used…to strengthen your security…and make accessing your data easier.…We'll start in the account settings screen…accessed through your vault…and select mobile devices.…In the mobile devices tab…you can see a list of all of the mobile devices…using your LastPass account.…The IDs are randomly generated.…So LastPass never receives your actual device ID.…
The easiest way to identify your device…is to check the screen…immediately after you log into LastPass on your device.…You can then add a name for the device.…You can identify it easily in the future.…To add a name click edit label…then replace the ID text…with a name that makes sense to you.…Then click update and label to the right.…You'll now see the new name for your device on the screen.…The delete option,…now this does not remove access from a device.…It only removes the history of the device login…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: My screen doesn't match the LastPass interface shown in the course. What changed?
- The order of the items in the left-hand menu is slightly different, and Settings was renamed Account Settings.
- The folder icons in the vault have a slightly different look.
- The security login option for grid authentication is no longer offered in the Account Settings' Security tab; it is only in the Multifactor tab.
- The security keyboard is no longer a grey button under the login, but a keyboard icon within the password box.
- Menus in the Tools menu open a bit differently, though all items are in the same order and have the same names.
- The popup box to share a login has a slightly different look and no longer shows the option of sharing a password only or a full login.
- In the top menu, they added a Credit Monitoring option and moved the Tutorials option to the left-side menu.
- When adding a login, the Add to Favorites option is now at the top of the dialogue box and the other settings are accessed by clicking a link at the bottom called Advanced Settings. Previously, they were always visible.