Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding security settings in the General tab, part of Learning LastPass Password Management.
- The first stop when setting up your security…within LastPass, will probably be the general tab…within the main account settings.…To access the account settings screen…login to your LastPass vault by clicking the LastPass icon…in the top right of your browser screen.…Choose My LastPass Vault.…Click the Settings option in the gray Action menu…on the left of your vault screen.…The General tab will be the first screen you see.…Let's go over some of the settings specific to security.…Password Iterations.…This is a very complex concept,…but to get more in depth would bring us…to an extremely technical discussion…and would take up the entire movie on its own.…
The simplified explanation of this setting…is how many versions of the encryption code…are created before it repeats.…I agree with LastPass recommending 5000 iterations…for this setting.…You can learn more about the technical side…of how LastPass uses password iterations…within the LastPass manual on their website.…Website auto-logoff timeout.…This refers specifically to the LastPass website log in.…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: My screen doesn't match the LastPass interface shown in the course. What changed?
- The order of the items in the left-hand menu is slightly different, and Settings was renamed Account Settings.
- The folder icons in the vault have a slightly different look.
- The security login option for grid authentication is no longer offered in the Account Settings' Security tab; it is only in the Multifactor tab.
- The security keyboard is no longer a grey button under the login, but a keyboard icon within the password box.
- Menus in the Tools menu open a bit differently, though all items are in the same order and have the same names.
- The popup box to share a login has a slightly different look and no longer shows the option of sharing a password only or a full login.
- In the top menu, they added a Credit Monitoring option and moved the Tutorials option to the left-side menu.
- When adding a login, the Add to Favorites option is now at the top of the dialogue box and the other settings are accessed by clicking a link at the bottom called Advanced Settings. Previously, they were always visible.