- Once LastPass is installed on your computer,…there are a few settings within the program…that'll be helpful for you.…I'll only discuss the settings…that will be helpful for most users.…To view any of the more advanced settings,…there's very detailed information…within the LastPass user manual on lastpass.com.…Let's look at some of the settings so you can…determine which ones will be right for you.…I'll also skip over some of the…security settings because I talk about those…in the Security section of this course.…Let's start by opening LastPass.…On your desktop, double-click on the new icon…labeled My LastPass Vault, it's the red box…with a white asterisk in the middle.…
Then log in by clicking the LastPass icon…in the top right, labeled Login.…In the gray action menu on the left of your screen,…click the link at the top, labeled Settings.…Settings opens in the General tab.…In this tab you can change the email address used…to access your account, update your master password,…adjust your password reminder phrase,…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: My screen doesn't match the LastPass interface shown in the course. What changed?
- The order of the items in the left-hand menu is slightly different, and Settings was renamed Account Settings.
- The folder icons in the vault have a slightly different look.
- The security login option for grid authentication is no longer offered in the Account Settings' Security tab; it is only in the Multifactor tab.
- The security keyboard is no longer a grey button under the login, but a keyboard icon within the password box.
- Menus in the Tools menu open a bit differently, though all items are in the same order and have the same names.
- The popup box to share a login has a slightly different look and no longer shows the option of sharing a password only or a full login.
- In the top menu, they added a Credit Monitoring option and moved the Tutorials option to the left-side menu.
- When adding a login, the Add to Favorites option is now at the top of the dialogue box and the other settings are accessed by clicking a link at the bottom called Advanced Settings. Previously, they were always visible.