Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video What we're going to build, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- The focus of this chapter will be to build…a Laravel application from soup to nuts.…The application is one that is widely applicable.…A full user registration system…complete with custom log-in and log out pages,…and a method for protecting pages from unauthorized access.…So, let's take a tour of the finished app.…I'm going to be showing the app in its final state…after lesson seven of this chapter.…We'll start with the registration page.…
Our Blade template form is setup to accept email address,…username, and password.…I'm going to go ahead and register a new user.…I'll click 'Sign Up'.…I get thanked personally for registering.…Excellent.…So, now I'm registered, but I'm not logged in yet.…If I attempt to go to a restricted page,…which is called Spotlight in our example,…I'm rejected from going to Spotlight…and sent to our custom log-in page instead.…
So, I'll now log-in with my just registered credentials…and there's the page that I had attempted to visit before.…Since I'm logged in, I can now view it.…Of course, the front end is just the surface of the app.…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.