Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating and dropping tables, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- Laravel Schema Builder has all the basics covered…when it comes to modifying an existing table,…or dropping it altogether.…Let's update the table created in the last lesson.…First, we're going to bring in a new column…so that we can track whether the artist…in question is an alumni member or not.…I'm going to set up, let me scroll down…a little bit here, make it easier to see.…I'm going to set up my schema class…with a table method that will adjust…a particular table.…
We're not creating the table anymore,…we're modifying it, and the table we're going…to address and modify is art.…Then a closure function, and I'm just going to call this…newcolumn to differentiate it from newtable.…And we're going to set that newcolumn…to a new type, or rather a type…I haven't introduced you to yet, the Boolean.…The Boolean in MySQL translates to a tiny int…so Laravel though you can just put it in as a boolean,…a yes or a no.…
So that's adding a new column.…What about removing one?…Let's say the client has determined…that we no longer need exhibition date,…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.