Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Forge, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- Managing a server for your application…can be very costly, in terms of effort,…technological expertise, and just plain money.…Laravel Forge is an attempt to greatly reduce…the time, know-how, and last, but by no means least, expense…of deploying your app to The Cloud.…Let's take a closer look.…Laravel Forge falls under the category of…a Platform as a Service or PaaS.…
It is intended to simplify the set-up…of your Laravel application and automate common tasks,…like adding an SSL certificate.…Essentially, it is an administrative user interface…for your server, and while it's geared for Laravel,…Forge can be used by any PHP framework.…One of the key benefits of Forge is…straightforward server definition.…There are a variety of possible server configurations.…
RAM, for example, can range from 0.5 to 16 gigabytes.…You can bring up to eight CPU cores online,…and persistent storage is handled by solid state disks, SSD,…going from 20 to 160 gigabytes in size.…Further, you can create any number…of sites on a single server…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.