Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Templates, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training (2014).
- In terms of starting and ending points,…this is a pretty substantial challenge.…However, once you've got the basic technique down,…I'm sure you'll be able to get to the finish line easily.…The first objective is to convert an HTML file…to a Blade template. No problem.…I'm going to open up the HTML file…from the Exercise Files starting point.…I'll go to File, Open,…and I have this stored on my desktop.…I'll drill down to chapter three.…
I'm in the solutions.…For me, that's 0305.…I have, in my starting files,…the same ones that you do in 0304.…I'll open up about.htm.…Now I'm going to do a Save As.…I'll save it within my project,…which is at Library/WebServer/Documents/newapp,…and I want to save that in the app directory…views folder.…
We want to call this about.blade.php.…I'll click Okay.…It looks like that worked out, to the right place,…so I can go ahead and close off my HTML file.…And I'm good to go.…Now, saving it with the correct extension…and in the proper directory are both key.…Next, I want to make sure my route goes to the proper page.…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.