Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Schema Builder, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- This is pretty much a learn by doing type…challenge, where there's honestly nothing…new, ok, maybe one thing.…But the overall goal is to get more familiar…with the process by doing it yourself.…Let's start.…So I'm going to open up HomeController.php…in my controllers folder,…and here in order to create the table,…I'll need to create a new schema statement.…So I'm going to scroll below where my…commented schemas are and begin coding.…
So let's put in a schema statement, colon colon,…and then the create method and the challenge…is to create a table called sculpture,…so I'll enter in sculpture, and then my function,…and the variable for the function,…I'm just going to call new table.…Now we did use this a little bit earlier,…but that's ok, you can reuse these, that's not a problem.…And we'll put in our curly brace, and I'm going…to sneak in that semi colon, don't want to forget that.…
Now we need to set up the various data columns.…The first one is an ID, and so we'll start…out with a new table, pointer, and you will call that.…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.