Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Routing, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training (2014).
- This challenge was designed to stretch your understanding…and application of Laravel routes…by creating a route that's supported multiple variables.…Let me show you how I met this challenge.…So first, I'm gonna scroll down towards the bottom here,…and I'm just gonna copy the route…that passed in theSubject variable…since it already has one variable set up.…Next, I'm gonna change theSubject to theArt.…This is the general Art variable in the first parameter.…
Next let's add another path level,…slash, and another variable.…This one I'll call theSpecialty.…Close off the curly braces.…Now, let's bring those into my function…next as comma separated variables,…which I mentioned in the earlier lesson.…I'll change theSubject to theArt,…comma, and $theSpecialty.…All right.…
Let's go ahead and change the…text that's returned…so we can demonstrate that we're…picking this up correctly,…and I'll put in "Welcome to $theSpecialty…"in theArt" exclamation mark, of course!…Next, I'm gonna save the file,…and then check it out in my browser.…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.