Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Authentication, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training (2014).
- In this challenge, I ask you to…repeat a core operation and then do a little…modification of the existing application.…Here's how I did it.…First, we'll need to bring in my…insider.blade.php file from the Exercise Files.…So, I'll just do a quick Alt drag…and make sure it goes into views…and then open that up in the editor.…Now, to access that page, I'm gonna need a route.…So, let's open up our routes.php file…and I'll scroll down to the bottom…and according to the challenge objectives,…I need to restrict the access to that page.…
So, we did the exact same thing for our…spotlight page that you see starting on line 42.…So, all I need to do is to copy and paste that code,…change spotlight to insider and we're done.…Now we get to the next part of the challenge,…which is altering the login form…to use e-mail and password,…rather than username and password.…So, we'll need to open up our login template…and I'll change the form.…
So, let's modify username to email.…Make sure I change that label as well.…Now, that's not all we need to do.…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.