Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a new app, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- Let's begin on the road to a full Laravel app,…by laying the developmental foundation.…That foundation will entail…applying many of the techniques…covered earlier in the course,…and ones that you'll use over and over again…in your own app development.…Let's begin.…So we're gonna start by creating a new Laravel project,…which I'm gonna call authapp,…short for authentication application.…In terminal on the Mac,…or your command line prompt window in Windows,…make sure that you're in the directory…where you want to place your project.…
I'm in my Apache web server route.…Once you're sure you're there,…enter "composer create-project…"laravel/laravel…"=4.2.0,"…'cause we're using a specific version of Laravel now,…and then the name of your project,…as I said, I'm calling this "authapp,"…and then put in the flag…"--prefer-dist."…Okay, look it over to make sure everything looks good.…
Now, you also want to make sure…that you've got proper permissions,…so that you can make directories…in whatever folder that you're working in.…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.