Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up login and logout, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- As of the last lesson,…we have the registration side of our authentication app…up and running.…In this lesson, we'll add in…the ability to login and logout.…It should come together pretty quickly…as we can really leverage work that we've already done.…I'm going to go to my code editor,…and we'll start with the register.blade.php file open.…Logging in with your username and password is very similar…to registering with email, username, and password, right?…So, let's repurpose our existing…register.blade.php template.…
All I need to do is a 'File', 'Save As',…and change 'register' to 'login'.…Open it up in the copy editor,…and we'll go down a little bit and make some modifications…into our form area.…Let's change 'Sign Up' to 'Login',…and then we want to change the URL,…basically the form 'action'…from 'register'…to this page,…which is 'login'.…
We don't need the h2 tag either,…so let's go ahead and get rid of that.…Then, I'll get rid of the email field,…so I just have username and password.…Finally, I'll change the submit button…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.