Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Registering a user, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- Our app foundation and database backends…are in the bag, so to speak.…Time to move on to the first…of a series of frontend views, registering the user.…Here, we'll tie in a styled HTML page,…hook up the assets, and then create a registration form.…We'll finish the lesson by establishing a route…to the registration form using Laravel controllers.…Let's get going.…So first, we need to move an HTML page…and some other assets into place.…
I have a fully styled web page for registering…for our pseudo art school, Roux Academy, ready to go.…So I'm gonna bring Finder to the front here,…and drill down to Chapter 6, 06_04,…and there in the Start folder are some assets that we need.…So first, I'll grab register_blade.php,…and I'll drag that directly into our app views folder.…
I'm gonna go ahead and hold down the option key…so I can copy that.…And then once that copy's under way,…PhpStorm wants to know if this is, indeed, what I want,…and it is, and I wanna put it in views,…and I do wanna open the copy in the editor.…All good, okay?…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.