Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Prerequisites for the course, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training (2014).
- To follow along with this course, the requirements are pretty straight-forward. From a tools perspective, you'll need a code editor and a number of browsers for testing. You can use whichever code editor you prefer. I'm going to be working with PhpStorm on the Mac. You can try it out for free on both Mac and Windows. Your development system should be set up with Apache, Php and MySQL. And of course, you'll need an internet connection. Well that's it for tools. From a knowledge perspective, you should be familiar with Php at an intermediate level, as well as have a working knowledge of both HTML and CSS.
I'll walk through any advanced code we use block-by-block so you can understand what's going on under the hood. Like any other course designed to get you up and running, this one is just the launch pad. The absolute best thing you can bring to this course is your imagination and desire to make your own projects a reality.
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.