Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Outputting data, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training (2014).
- Now that we have data in our database,…both inserted programmatically via migrations…and seeding, how do we get it out?…Well, if you can provide the id of the record,…whether directly, passed in as an argument…or looped through, use the find method.…Let's add a new route just to demonstrate generating data.…I have routes.php open.…I'm going to scroll down to the bottom…and I'll add in a new route for data…so Route::get…and then within parentheses, single quotes,…the name of the address we're going to, data,…and we'll start our function.…
I'll start this by declaring a variable, $painting,…and I'll set that equal to the object, Paintings,…where I find the record of 1.…I'll use the find method and put in the number 1.…We'll close that out with a semicolon.…Then we want to return something from that database…and what we want to return is…the title of that particular object.…Let me get that closing semicolon there.…
Everything looks good.…All right, let's give it a go.…I'll save the page and then head over to the browser…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.