Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Laravel, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training (2014).
- All right, time for the big install,…which really isn't so big at all.…In fact, it's just a one line command…that you can enter through the command line,…whether you're working on Windows or the Mac.…Now I do have one little bit of housekeeping…to take care of first.…In order to enable Composer to work…within my local web server route,…I'm going to need to open up those permissions.…To do that, I'll use a sudo chmod,…you can pronounce that however you like,…and then specify all to read write execute,…and then the directory.…
Now on a Mac the web server directory…is located at /Library/WebServer,…uppercase W and S, /Documents.…All right, we're good to go.…Now you may, depending on your setup,…have to enter your password at that point,…but otherwise you should be good.…Now the reason I did that is because I'm going…to store my projects in the local user web route.…So all I need to do is enter a single line,…bringing in Composer to setup the first project.…
So I'll type composer and then the operation…that I want it to perform, which is create-project.…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.