Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Composer on Windows, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- While you can install Composer completely…from the Command line on Windows,…it's much simpler to just use the provided installer.…So in this lesson, I'll step you…through the standard Windows setup for Composer.…First, let's go get it.…We'll go to getcomposer.org in the browser,…and then click on Getting Started.…You'll see a link for Installation - Windows,…choose that and then where you see the link…for the Composer-Setup.exe, select it,…and I'm going to go ahead and Run that executable.…
Give it permission to go ahead,…and here's our Composer Setup dialogue.…When that appears click Next.…I'm just going to go ahead…and accept the default Shell Menus options here,…click Next, now as you can see,…it's already found the PHP executable in the path.…That's because I've been working with this,…just to test it ahead of time…to make sure everything worked smoothly.…You may have to click on Browse,…and go to your executable.…I'm using WampServer,…which is a common development system package.…
So my version of php.exe is found…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.