Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Composer on the Mac, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training (2014).
- As I noted in a previous lesson,…Composer, the PHP dependency manager…is one of the key foundation components of Laravel.…In fact, it's so key it's used in Laravel's installation.…Now, installing Composer is a bit different…depending on your system.…If you're on Windows, skip to the next chapter,…where I'll go through that installation procedure.…If you're working on a Mac like I am,…the installation is handled through the command line.…My development system uses the native Apache server…installed with OS 10 Mavericks with PHP activated,…and MySQL downloaded and installed as separate components.…
There's a really good guide to setting up…your development system this way on Lynda.com…that you can find under David Gassner's course,…Installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP, and it's free.…So, let's start.…First, I'm going to go to getcomposer.org,…and then click on 'Download'.…As you can see, we'll need to download…via the command line, so I'm just going to copy…this line of code here; very first one,…and then, open up 'terminal',…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.