Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Incorporating enhanced controllers, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- In the earlier lessons on routes,…we covered some of the more advanced techniques…such as passing variables and named routes…and establishing filters.…You can incorporate the same functionality…in Controllers, and I'll show you how in this lesson.…First, let's tackle variables, as that's…the most directly parallel.…You'll recall, we put the route variable…in a pair of curly braces, like the subject.…Let me scroll down to the route that we…brought that into play.…You can see it there on line 44.…Now the same basic syntax is used for Controllers.…
I'm going to comment out this version.…And then head on up.…And put in a new route.…Route::get('about/').…Now, we'll use the same syntax, as I said,…theSubject in curly braces, here.…And we're going to point to our 'AboutController',…so you can use that over again.…
But this time we'll invoke a different method.…And I'll call this one ShowSubject.…Semicolon, all right.…So let's go back to our AboutController I still have open…and I'm gonna add another public function.…As I said, we're gonna call this ShowSubject.…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.