Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Incorporating data, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training (2014).
- Our authentication application will need…several database tables.…The primary one will contain the registered user's details…including username, email and password.…In this lesson we'll use Laravel migrations to create…the user's table and, in addition, a table to maintain…the state of the user once authenticated.…Laravel's got a special routine for that…which I'll show you a little bit later.…But first, let's create that user's table.…
For complete control, we'll use a migration file.…Let's go to the command line.…I've CDed into my newly created project, authapp,…and I'm ready to issue my php artisan migrate command.…So, php artisan…migrate:make and then the file that…I want to make, I'm going to call this create_users.…Once that runs, Laravel will create the migration file…as well as handle a few other chores.…
Great.…Back to the code editor and we'll go to app, database,…migrations, and there's our newly created file.…Open that up and we're ready to move to the…up function on line 15 here and start putting in…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.