Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- I'm very happy to announce that any member of lynda.com has access to the exercise files used throughout this title. And actually, the information in this course is ultimately intended to be applied to your own web apps. However, you may find it helpful to work with the supplied exercise files to practice the steps safely, and without creating your own examples. To begin using the files from the site, download them, extract them, and then store those files in a convenient location, such as your desktop.
If you'd rather not use the exercise files, you can definitely follow along with your own assets.
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.