Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Handling advanced routing, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- The prior lesson introduced the…Laravel concept of routing.…Now let's step it up a notch and work in…some parameters, focusing on our About page.…Rather then specify a different page for all…of your About related content, which could be plentiful,…you can pass in an argument and…vary the content accordingly.…To demonstrate, I'll copy my original…About route and paste it below.…So I'm going to copy this starting on line 19…and just go down, grab that little bit of extra…white space there, paste that in.…
I can scroll up it a little bit.…Now let me modify it by adding a slash…to the path that we have here…and in curly braces my parameter,…which is theSubject.…Next I'll add it to my function…and by the way this function that we see here…is actually called a closure in Laravel.…You'll see that term pop-up from time-to-time including in…the comment that comes with this default file.…
I'll add my variable into the function,…the leading dollar sign indicating it is a PHP variable.…And for my return,…let's change what it returns to theSubject…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.