Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Examining Laravel fundamentals, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- In the previous lesson,…I noted that Laravel is built on a strong foundation…of best-in-class components.…Let's take a closer look at the primary ones.…Included in this collection…of key Laravel components are:…Symphony, Composer, Eloquent ORM, and Blade.…I didn't mention Blade before as you'll see later…it's Laravel's Templating engine.…So let me start by emphasizing that these are just a few…of Laravel's Key Components.…
One of the frameworks of real strength…is how it leverages the latest generation…of programming libraries.…In a way Laravel is a meta-framework…as it's built on the framework, in fact, several of them.…Symfony is one of the primary framework sources for Laravel.…Laravel uses a number of different components from Symfony…including Browserkit, Console, Debug, FileSystem, and more.…Because of the type dependency on Symfony…Laravel has committed to staying in sync…with coordinated release schedules…and just for the sake of coolness…it's worth noting that the flow goes both ways.…
It's also possible for Symfony users…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.