Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing an HTML view, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training (2014).
- Obviously, with a web application, returning either static…or even dynamically generated text is woefully inadequate.…So, in this lesson, you'll learn…how to incorporate an html view.…You'll recall that Laraval is an MVC framework,…where the V stands for View and that a View…is a visual representation of your app.…Actually, we've already seen a View in action.…It's right on screen, just at this very moment.…As well as the underlying code.…
The default route in the the routes.php file…that starts on line 14 here, returns a View,…and not just a string, as we did in the previous lessons.…Let's take a closer look at that default code.…After the route class is invoked, starting on line 14,…as I said, it gets any request to the site route,…which is not specified by any other route,…and returns the class View on line 16 with the method, make.…
That has an argument of 'hello', okay?…Deciphering the code's pretty easy.…View: :make means make the View, of course,…but what's the 'hello' parameter mean…and why is there no file extension?…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.