Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Deploying to Forge, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training (2014).
- Let's walk through a typical initial setup…with Laravel Forge so you can see the simplicity…and directness of the service firsthand.…Once you've completed the basic registration,…which you can access by clicking "Sign Up,"…and entering your contact information…that you see up top there, the basics,…and setting up your billing after choosing a monthly plan…you'll be ready to connect Forge…to your personal development network.…And by that I mean your repository and your server provider.…
Now I've already set up an account,…so I've gone through those steps,…so let me go ahead and log in.…I'm working with GitHub as my repository,…and when you connect Forge to your repo…during the initial setup, you're gonna be granting…pretty full access, which includes your public SSH keys…with read and write permissions, webhooks…and services access, and full access…to all public and private repositories.…
Laravel does use OAuth to authenticate…access to GitHub or BitBucket.…Now, on the server side I have a DigitalOcean…account established, so that's…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.