Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a basic Blade template, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- As I've noted a couple of times,…there are two types of templates…supported in the Laravel framework,…php and Blade.…While php works as expected,…it's pretty clunky when you start…to compare it to Blade,…and Blade is so dirt simple to use,…there's no reason to hold back.…Let me show you what I mean.…So I have opened our original view hello.php.…Now, I'm gonna change the output text slightly.…So, let me scroll down to the bottom,…and let's make this "Blade has arrived"…rather than "You have arrived."…And, I'll Save As.…
I'm gonna save it the same directory in views,…but I'm gonna change the name from hello.php…to hello.blade.php,…and that's all you really need to do…to create a Blade template.…Now, let's open up routes.php.…I just want to point out…that we're using the same syntax for our controller.…So let me open up HomeController as well,…and here you see return View::make('hello') on line 20.…
Notice that I haven't specified the .blade.php extension.…Blade is Laravel's preferred way of working,…and the extension is understood.…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.