Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Building a form, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training (2014).
- If your app is interacting with your users…on pretty much any level,…well, you need a form.…Given the essentialness of forms to web applications,…Laravel has devoted a great deal of effort…to simplifying the process of implementing them.…In this lesson, we'll take a look at the…first level of that simplification…and show you how to create a basic sign up form…complete with passing values…to a thank you page.…To start, I'm gonna begin in routes.php…and create a new route…so we can guide folks to our signup template.…
So I'll go down just to the bottom of the page.…Of course, you could do this with a controller…but let's just use the simple route option instead.…So, route get and I'm gonna call this signup…and we'll put in our closure function.…Let's scroll down a little bit…and in the mean time put in my semicolon.…And we're gonna return a view…with the make method…and it's gonna be called signup.…All right, a closing semicolon…and that file is ready to be saved.…
Now, I need to get a new page…into my views folder for the template.…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.